Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pumpkin Black Bean Soup




2 cans black beans
1 large carrot, diced
1 can pumpkin puree
2 can of broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
1 can corn
1 can diced tomato 
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Dump everything into a pot and let it simmer for an hour on low heat :)

I drained the beans and the corn but included the liquid in the tomatoes. I also used beef broth because that is what I had but next time, I am going to use vegetable instead.  

I also like my soup chunky but you can always puree the tomatoes and beans if you like.  If you puree the beans, make sure you have an extra can to add actual beans to the soup. 

Next time, I am going to use dried beans instead as I try not to do canned stuff. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment