Thursday, March 7, 2013

Polka Dot and Chevron Clutch Purse



I found this gorgeous chevron fabric a couple of weeks ago in the remnants bin at Joann's and knew I had to have it as soon as I set my four eyes on it.  At the time, I knew I wanted to make a bag of some sort and had the perfect person in mind to make it for as a birthday present but I wasn't sure what.  Last week, I made this cherry gathered purse for another friend's birthday and so an idea started to form in my head.  And this is what I came up with:

It's a small clutch purse with a zipper closure and strap.  I know the style has been around but this is one of those projects that came out as I envisioned it without the help of pin or link I saved. I don't normally like to mix patterns but the tiny dots on the brown fabric was perfect with the chevron and didn't try to upstage it.  The tiny dots were enough to keep the brown from being boring.  The clutch is 11 inches wide on the bottom, 7 inches wide at top and 7.5 inches tall. 


I used a matching teal fabric for the lining.  The teal also had a very subtle dot pattern and also worked beautifully with the overall scheme. 


Sadly, because this is a gift, I can't keep it but I do hope my friend likes it. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment