I totally did not intend for this recon shirt to come out the way it did. Originally, it was supposed to be a simple resizing recon. The original shirt was given to me by one of my best friends years ago and I wore the heck out of it. Color fading, a hole in the shirt and a stain is an indication of how much I love shirt. However, over time, I wore it less and less because I didn't like how short it had become or how boxy it was (although I still wore it occasionally).
My plan was to take in the sides and sleeves and to lengthen it. Well, I did all I had planned except the sleeves ended up being too tight so I ended up taking out the sleeves but still wasn't happy with it. I wanted to make something different from what I normally make. So I went back to my computer to do some research on how to add sleeves. Like zippers, adding in made-from-scratch sleeves intimidated me. But intimidate no more. Like putting in zippers, once i got the hang of it, it was easy peasy. In fact, putting in sleeves is a lot easier than putting in a zipper.
This simple recon ended up taking a few hours because of the sleeves and the collar hem. Not to mention, the striped fabric was being ornery. In the end, I won. I shall now be wearing this shirt until the sleeves fall out.
Here are some more pics...
|This shows how boxy and short the original shirt was.|