Thursday, July 5, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin


I don't know what has gotten into me lately but I've been cooking more and more out of my normal comfort zone and I started baking.  In the past, I've usually baked from the "boxed" mixes and it's been over 10 years since I've baked from scratch.  When I was baking from scratch, it was few and far between.  Part of it is because I don't have anyone to bake for and the other part is that I don't have a working oven so baking is done through my toaster oven.  

This week, I've already made nutella cookies and White Chocolate Chip Orange cookies.  Today, I decided to bake banana chocolate chip muffins since I had two super ripe bananas awaiting their demise for a few days now.  I found this awesome recipe from Food.com and basically halved the ingredients since I only had two ripe bananas instead of the 4 it calls for.  I ended up with 10 muffins and they are delish.  Not too shabby for only picking up baking again after a 10 years plus hiatus.  At least now, I can bake for friends and coworkers for birthdays and get-togethers.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment