Monday, June 24, 2013

I got mooned!

One of my photography goals in life was to be able to take a picture of the moon with the crater details.  Which is a bit hard for me to achieve considering that I don't have a dslr (I have a hybrid camera which is a cross between a slr and a point and shoot).  But I try to take in as much info as I can on how to take moon photography with the type of camera I have.  In case you're wondering, it is possible to take a good picture of the moon not looking like a bright white dot with a point and shoot camera as long as the conditions are right and you have the tools for them.

This is how they usually turn out.


Tonight on my way home from work, I spotted the moon just as I was near my apartment and I was in awe at how low it was and how orange and not bright like it normally was.  Those were the perfect conditions for me and I hauled ass home before the moon left.  And here is my lucky shot.  This is what I've wanted (preferable without the wires photobombing my moon but I live in the city).  This is still a pretty rad shot for me tho.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment